Frankford Arsenal, South of Tacony Street between Bridge Street & tracks of former Pennsylvania Railroad, Philadelphia, Philadelphia County, PA
Significance: Starting in 1816 as a storage facility, Frankford Arsenal grew into the United States' most well known ordnance manufacturers, specializing in small arms munitions. The arsenal was closed down in the mid-1970's.
Survey number: HAER PA-74
Building/structure dates: 1816 Initial Construction
Building/structure dates: 1800- 1999 Subsequent Work
National Register of Historic Places NRIS Number: 72001153