Thompson Building, 163-167 East Main Street (Lincoln Highway), Coatesville, Chester County, PA
Written data includes sketched floor plans.
Significance: The Thompson Building was a commercial structure, with retail space, offices and a school, built for banker John W. Thompson. It is a handsome transitional Victorian building by A.W. Dilks, a pupil of T.P. Chandler.
Survey number: HABS PA-1955
Building/structure dates: 1901 Initial Construction
Building/structure dates: ca. 1950- ca. 1975 Subsequent Work
Building/structure dates: 1981 Demolished
Building/structure dates: after. 1901- before. 1909 Subsequent Work